Our Adult Orthodontics Info-Pack takes a look at the orthodontic treatments offered to patients of all ages, but with a particular emphasis on the benefits for our adult patients. To find out which treatment option is right for you, download the info-pack today!
Adult patients obviously want the best results, in the shortest amount of time, with the lowest level of discomfort or inconvenience. They also want to know more about what the orthodontist is doing and why, and may look for more information about the cost breakdown of each portion of treatment.
With adults now comprising up to 50 percent of patients, our practices in Macquarie St and Bondi Junction are focusing our attention on the specifics of adult orthodontics. If you’re considering some corrective treatment, consider the issues that can affect you.
If you’re considering orthodontic treatment, but remain unsure of what treatments are available or what might be the best treatment option for you, then download our FREE information guide to discover:
– The different types of orthodontic treatment available
– The benefits of adult orthodontics
– How you can achieve straight teeth in a discreet manner
– Which orthodontic treatment is best suited to you?
What Is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a specialty discipline of dentistry that focuses on alignment of the teeth and jaws to improve a person’s smile and oral health. Crooked teeth that do not fit together correctly are harder to keep clean and are at risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
Orthodontics relates to the movement of teeth, and where appropriate, making changes to the jaw for a number of important reasons.
Orthodontic options for adults
Orthodontic options at Ortho3 include the following:
Adults can have specialised requirements during their orthodontic treatment, such as:
– Facial growth is no longer present, and therefore cannot be incorporated into a treatment strategy.
– Dentitions have generally been modified by wear and tear, past dental procedures such as implants or bridgework that cannot be moved. Previous dental disease and trauma may limit treatment options.
– Gum tissue health must be addressed to ensure future problems do not arise.
– Tooth extractions are commonly needed to correct crowded teeth and bite discrepancies. Severe cases may require surgical / orthodontic correction called “orthognathic surgery” in conjunction with an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
– Time Pressures with work, family and availability for treatment are common.
– Adjunctive Orthodontics to streamline and simplify complex multidisciplinary dental procedures to significantly improve the outcome, both functionally and aesthetically. For example, opening a partial space in the arch to correctly place an implant.
Who needs orthodontic treatment?
While many adults want to achieve a straight, natural smile through orthodontics, there are often dental health reasons too. Proper alignment reduces wear and helps keep teeth healthy and gums clean.
Many different teeth and bite conditions can be improved by orthodontics. While the easiest time to treat problems is while you are still young but have your adult teeth, you’re never too old to see an orthodontist.
Some treatable orthodontic conditions include:
– Protruded teeth
– Under bite
– Deep bite
– Open bite
– Cross bite
– Missing teeth
– Gaps between teeth
Why choose Ortho3 for your orthodontic treatment?
Dr Kerry Lester of Ortho3 is a specialist orthodontist and has had a wealth of experience in the field. His knowledge and expertise will have you feeling safe and at-ease in the Ortho3 practice. With a caring team, considered treatments, and quality assurance, Ortho3 can provide you with a successful and comfortable orthodontic treatment.
There are many factors taken into consideration by Dr Lester to create a unique treatment plan tailored specifically to your needs. Due to a high level of acceptance and motivation many adult treatments can be completed within 18 – 24 months.
145 Edgecliff Road
Bondi Junction, NSW, 2025
(02) 9389 0980
(02) 9387 4164
|Monday:||8.30am - 5.00pm|
|Tuesday:||8.30am - 5.00pm|
|Wednesday:||8.30am - 5.00pm|
|Friday:||8.30am - 5.00pm|