Adult Braces Sydney NSW
Adult patients are also suitable candidates for orthodontic work
At Ortho3 in Sydney’s CBD and Bondi Junction we offer the comprehensive range of adult orthodontic options.
Recent advancements in orthodontic technology have developed more aesthetically pleasing alternatives to traditional braces, which greatly accommodate an adult lifestyle both professionally and personally. These include:
Adults can have specialised requirements during their orthodontic treatment, such as:
- Facial growth is no longer present, and therefore cannot be incorporated into a treatment strategy.
- Dentitions have generally been modified by wear and tear, past dental procedures such as implants or bridgework that cannot be moved. Previous dental disease and trauma may limit treatment options.
- Gum tissue health must be addressed to ensure future problems do not arise.
- Tooth extractions are commonly needed to correct crowded teeth and bite discrepancies. Severe cases may require surgical / orthodontic correction called “orthognathic surgery” in conjunction with an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
- Time Pressures with work, family and availability for treatment are common.
- Adjuctive Orthodontics to streamline and simplify complex multidisciplinary dental procedures to significantly improve the outcome both functionally and aesthetically. For example opening a partial space in the arch to correctly place an implant.
Adult Braces Sydney
There are many factors taken into consideration by Dr Lester to create a unique treatment plan tailored specifically to your needs. Due to a high level of acceptance and motivation many adult treatments can be completed within 18 – 24 months.
For more information about adolescent orthodontic treatment, please contact Ortho3 today at our Sydney CBD or Bondi Junction practice locations.